Saturday, June 5, 2010

Poor Planning?

Common pasttime for Sailors.

Aside from the first one that comes to mind, one of the others is going and getting tattoos. Sometimes pretty randomly. My friend's roommate has a smiley exactly the way she'd do one with green and purple marker if she was writing a note to somebody. Another one of my shipmates has the nickname, "Ninjacheeks," from the last time she and her friends got fairly sloshed; she didn't remember getting it and didn't find it until the next day.

There's hope that next week she'll do it again and get a pirate on the other side. :)

So, it's a common pasttime. Carries about as much weight for identity as what kind of car you drive. "Hey, what's your tat?" "Where'd you get it?" "Where'd you get yours done?"

We're also, surprisingly, into a lot of the more athletic pursuits. Between Milwaukee and Chicago, there's actually a lot to do, as long as you can work out your transportation. A couple of the guys invited me along for their weekend plans, but I had duty and declined.

It only clicked when I got back to my ship, "Wait. They're going and getting tats, and then going paintballing??"

Maybe that's just the tough guy's way of saying he's impervious to pain. As for myself, I may very well end up partaking in both at some point, but they will most definitely be on separate weekends. :P

No comments: