Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Happy Thoughts

Now that I've had almost five hours of sleep, I'm in a significantly better mood.

So, this weekend was amazing.

Because what's better than PT? Oh yeah, getting to run all over Camp, all day, anywhere I want (as long as I make it where I'm supposed to be), in my shoes, with my camp friends. Awesome.

And what's better than fireworks? :D There was some concern about the impending storm. Part of spending 18 hours a day outdoors suggests that it might be helpful to have somebody keeping an eye on the weather. Said storm's TOA was jumping all over, and there was some concern about having its arrival cancel the fireworks. Instead, we had some sprinkling, crazy thunder and lightning to the west, and splendid fireworks to the south. Kiki and I were parking cars (I got to do all the running!), and she was excitedly spazzing; "I don't know where to look!"

Muskie is awesome, by the way. I was pondering what to do about my car, having managed a flat tire (might have happened at Camp, might have happened on the way back from Chicago - noticed it at Camp), hoping we had an air compressor around somewhere...and at some point, when I was working on some other project, Muskie just hunted down said air compressor and took care of it for me. He's way busier than I am, and this is not a complicated project - I definitely could have done this, but he just came in and did it for me. So, once again, Muskie is awesome.

And I got to spend almost the whole day with one of my best friends. :) I'm not sure why Ethan and I get into shoving matches and all the other wacky stuff we do - he can completely take me out, athletically - but it was so good to be ourselves together again. We got to talk out a lot of life while cleaning the dining hall, and had a few different projects assigned together. After taking down the last tent, we went running in the rain, caught up with Berry and Freckles, and raced back to the dining hall (yes, he completely smoked me). Really great day together.

And time at home is wonderful. Home is a magical place, where you can nap on the couch, eat chocolate and read comic books, play with the dog, sleep between real sheets, eat food that's actually good for you...and most of all, get to be with the people who love you most in the world.

And tonight, the three of us are cleaning the room. O'Brien is being even more adorable than usual with a British accent, Mock is offering a play-by-play on the war with the toilet, and I am listening to the Firebird Suite. Good times. :)

No comments: