Monday, June 14, 2010

Down In My Heart - Where?

One of the guys from my ship is a road guard, I grin a hello at him while we're mustering, and he breaks from where he's supposed to be to invade the ranks. Gets right up in my face.

"I gotta ask you something. Did you smile when you were getting IT'd* in Boot Camp?"
I grin again. "Dude, I got IT'd for smiling in Boot Camp!"

In case anyone was wondering what REALLY happened in Boot Camp, please see Ursula Vernon's painting, "The Dour Brotherhood," and read the accompanying story. That'd be the general attitude we're supposed to have, and you can guess which one of the monks I am.


*IT is "intense" physical training, used as a penalty when we screw up, or the RDCs are having a bad day. Massive contrast to PT, which is fun. IT is not fun.

No comments: