Friday, April 16, 2010

So, Megan and I work out together most weekday mornings. She likes to go hang out off-base on weekends. Thanks to one of my roommates sending our latest room inspec down in flames, I don't get to go off-base right now. There's still stuff to do here, so it's not that bad. Julia and I go out running on the weekends.

This week, Megan rolled her ankle during a morning workout. This is problem, because we live on the third floor, and there are no elevators. Also, all of our beds are six feet off the floor. (Generally, this isn't seen as the kind of problem you'd have in any other building. There are no A School students in wheelchairs.)

Hopefully, she'll get to move to the Cole, which is ridiculously nicer (built after a certain terrorist attack), has elevators, AND has bottom bunks. Everyone in the Franklin has lofts. But this means that we'll not get to hang out together nearly as much, as the schedules are different. Obviously, she's out for working out for awhile.

Of course, being Megan, she still manages to look great, despite being on crutches.

Julia, on the other hand, has developed a more mysterious (and possibly more painful) medical problem. So, no more running.

I'd say that I should find another workout buddy, but apparently I'm medical bad luck, and shouldn't visit this upon anyone else on base.

No comments: