Saturday, April 17, 2010

Alive With the Sound of....Everything!

It is not unusual for one's headphones to deliver better sound than one's laptop speakers. I'm aware of this.

But I'm not used to them being quite this good. These weren't actually my pick - Joseph came down for my graduation, and upon finding that I didn't have a pair, gave me his. I'm not sure where he got them - maybe the Andromeda nebula. They do seem to be a rather alien technology in contrast with the previous pairs I've utilized.

I like to watch movies while ironing or shining my boots (another one of the joys of A School - I will most likely not get to experience this combination in the Fleet, but for now, it's all good). Before taps, listening to anything with headphones is planning to get yourself in trouble, because you will miss some crucial announcement. After taps, speakers are forbidden. So, there you go.

Obviously, I'm not always in bed at taps. Working on it, though.

I always have my laptop turned down to the lowest notch, and I frequently find myself wishing that I could cut that increment in half, because it's still louder than is comfortable. This is just silly. Who on earth needs to be able to hear that well?

Well, Joe, apparently, but we won't worry about that for now. :P

Apparently, Joe's tendency to complain when he's actually happy about something is contagious where his possessions are involved - the whole point of posting today was supposed to be a delighted "Eeeeee!" of gratitude, because somebody loves me and got me something.

Random note on love languages - apparently going through something intense opens you up to ALL of them. Gifts used to be at the very bottom of my list o' five. (Random note on that - Scooter looked at me, called the whole list, exactly in order, 1-5, every love language, having never read the book. There's a wide population that thinks she's a couple french fries short of a happy meal; I tell you, from living with her for a month last summer, she does things like that all the TIME. But she doesn't do them around a lot of people.)

You can tell I'm recovering. I'm going back to being all random. Fear not, I shall in time settle and go back to posts that only had one point to make.

But! I have headphones! And music! And movies! Thanks to a friend! And life is wonderful!!

No comments: