Monday, April 19, 2010

Here's Hoping

There's a poem I ran across today entitled, "The Longly-Weds Know." Made me smile.

I picked up the book just because Garrison Keillor's name was on the front.

This is something like the anniversary of one friend's divorce. Another friend's girl broke off their engagement. Two of my friends just got married, another pair did before I left, and still another pair will be in a month. And in Fall. And my closest high school friend's little one is a year old.

Here's hoping we'll all be Longly-Weds in time.

One of my buds described being in love with the same girl for the first three years of his enlistment, despite the fact that she'd broken up with him nearly a year prior to his departure. He says you just kind of stagger through it, a day at a time, until it finally goes away.

I think that's an option, but there's got to be something better. You can stagger if you want. I'm going to find some way to run. Really live, instead of just waiting. There's got to be something better. Always has been.

Here's hoping we'll all be Longly-Weds in time.

No comments: