Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Stay Tuned...

Life would be changing either way this month.

If I were staying in Rochester, I'd very likely be moving in with my best friend and her husband. Still be working at the bookstore. Possibly be trying to make more progress on the degree, possibly be working to save up tuition again.

As soon as the snow stopped (read: the cakes of ice broke off the streets - complete snowmelt takes too long in MN) I'd go back to biking everywhere. One of my best friends would be this cool guy I know who lives within walking distance of both the new digs and downtown, and we'd spend way too much time hanging out and proving that I really cannot play guitar at all.

Explorations would continue. I'd probably shift back to going to Autumn Ridge all the time, because I could bike there more easily than to Berean. Sleep schedule would adjust to what it's like to be sharing a house with an infant, but there'd be more light in the house. Rahni tempers my personality, and I add some kind of little fire or glow to hers, according to her husband.

Either way, I'm not the same person. Transitions have to happen, y'know? That's cool. It all works out somehow.

Basic's going to change me. I don't know how. I kind of hope that somehow it'll be a completely inverse reaction - that whatever goes down in the next eight weeks will highlight the sparkle and slapdash aspects of me. I LIKE those parts of me. I like being mostly innocent, and a little bit weird, and having fun with life. The prediction has been that I'll be very serious and dutiful after all of this, but...if you had the choice, who would you want to be?

No comments: