Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Pony?

"He's a lightweight!"
"Really?"
"He's flighty and undependable! He's like a wild pony."
"Ah."
"I know the pony's pretty, but leave it in the corral!"

This was probably hearkening back to my Sheridan days, where I walked to church past ponies and longhorns (and the occasional peacock). One of my favorite advisors, I tend to go to her when I'm frustrated over a situation with a guy, because a)she's far more objective than I am, b)she has more experience than I do, and c)she's absolutely brilliant with language.

Personally, I hope that she someday compiles a book of life-advice, because she's often right, and always entertaining. However, as is the case with most of my friends, I doubt she's got time for it.

But, that discussion was the tail-end of a lot of frustration. Actually, up to that point, no one had suggested that there was a problem here. Could also be summed up, "If a guy has repeatedly proven himself undependable, don't depend on him!"

...sometimes I'm a little hardheaded. That one finally got through.

No comments: