Sunday, May 30, 2010

Josie!

Memorial Day weekend is a four-day weekend from class. Not from duty, but it coincides with what would be my duty-free weekend, so, I don't have to be back to class until Monday.

It also nicely coincides with my dear friend Josie's wedding. For the last month, I've been looking forward to this, and trying NOT to look forward to it, because it's the Navy, and everything can change about half an hour before you put plans into action.

But, the wedding was lovely, the day was splendid, I got to spend time with a pile of friends from Camp (Camp-staff are all in that double-category of friends/family, thanks to the amount of weirdness we go through every summer and how much we love and depend on each other), and every time I saw Josie for more than four seconds, I would start to tear up.

It's also Stephan's wedding, I realize, but Josie's one of the girls, probably the girl that I was closest to this last summer, and I've really missed her over the last six months, and now she's married, and she looks so beautiful, and please excuse me I'm going to go find a box of Kleenex.

So, this was a very happy day.

No comments: