Sunday, December 13, 2009

You're Invited!

Chatting with one Mr. Bille after one of the concerts. Just the general catchup that happens after you haven't seen each other or hung out for about a year. Parts of this year had been very exciting for each of us - I'd had some adventures in varying degrees of danger, and he'd graduated. But, after a laughter-filled retelling

"I'm sad! I didn't know about any of this, and no one really knows we're friends, and I don't know if I'd get an invitation to your funeral!"
I think I gracefully refrained from spitting out my Sprite, but it was close. Laughter ensued once more. "Usually, most people don't get invitations to funerals, just the closest family and friends. Everyone else, you hear about it, and you just go."
"But, I wouldn't know about it!"

So, by the end of that exchange, Ryan had exacted a promise that, when it's time, he will get an invitation to my funeral. Everyone else gets an announcement.

No comments: