Wednesday, December 9, 2009

John Denver Does Blizzards

All my bags are packed; I'm ready to go
I'm stuck in Byron, buried in snow
I wish that we could go and play outside

'Cause there's no jake-braking this early morn,
No traffic out there, no blowing horns
If only I could find some way to drive

So, kiss me in a major freeze
Dig me out, let's make memories
It's cold here, so outside we will go
'Cause it's sleeting on the Great Plains
Don't know when sun will shine again
Oh, babe,
I love the snow

Still for all this time, it's coming down
So little time to cover town
I tell you I'm so happy I could sing

Every hill we find, we'll slide right through
No one I'd rather play with than you
Though we might end up in the IC-wing

So, kiss me in a major freeze
Let's go make new memories
It's cold here, and so outside we will go
'Cause it's sleeting on the Great Plains!
Don't know when sun will shine again
Oh, babe,
I love the snow!


This was not entirely my idea. The first two lines came from somebody else in this household. I just ran with it. :)

I think there've been some ten inches fallen at this point, and we're still expecting more. I spent a decent chunk of this morning shoveling, and of course, there is still more to do. :) But I'm looking forward to playing in it!

No comments: