Wednesday, December 2, 2009

"Christianity is a faith that was meant to be spread - but not through coercion. God's love was intended to be demonstrated, not dictated. Our job is not to manipulate or induce others to agree with us or to leave their religion and embrace Christianity. Our charge is to both proclaim and embody the gospel so that others can see, hear, and feel God's love in tangible ways."
-Richard Stearns

On a more serious note than usual, events over the last year have got me really thinking about what I mean when I say I'm a Christian, what people think when they hear it, and what I want to live for. Where do I want to be in a decade, where do I think I'll be in a decade, and if me being a Christian hasn't helped ANYBODY'S life in that time, then why on earth am I one?

Not that I think that this is the case. I just think that there's a lot more I can do.

Typical early twenties "where is my life going," stuff, I know. But when you're IN your early twenties, it seems like a big deal.

No comments: