Thursday, December 24, 2009

I Shall Sing, Sing My Song...

Whoever I someday marry will have to be cheerfully resigned to my nonsense.

For example, whenever I'm looking for something, but not terribly stressed about it, I tend to idly make up nonsensical songs that would amuse the kids in the daycare. Today, I was trying to get dressed for the Christmas Eve service, and found this one coming out.

Where are my dress pants,
Where did they go?
Where are my dress pants?
Baby, I don't know
Where are my dress pants,
Where can they be?
'Cause I can't show up naked
To the Nativity!

There's almost no thought that goes into these. Having a thought that I'm pursuing while running around the house seems to inevitably lead to preschool-style songs.

EDIT: I just found my Dad singing Roy Orbison (with modified lyrics) to the plants. At least now we know where I get it. My Mom's a soprano, and my Dad's a goofball.

No comments: