Thursday, September 30, 2010

"Pika-Vanna"

Okay, now they're just pushing my buttons.

Today, they decided that I walk like I'm on a runway. Note - this is while I'm wearing digis (a fairly asexual uniform) and drill boots. And I thought, nah, they're just excited and trying to see how much they can get away with.

Until Adam heard this one, and took to studying this. Adam's one of those kids that no one realized needed glasses until about the sixth grade - he just assumed the world looked like that to everybody. So when he identifies or recognizes someone, it's by the way they move - facial details are just perks.

So, I was coming up after chow, we usually sit on the hill in the grass and talk for a bit before going back to class. I'm happy because it's Fall, and all that's in my mind is a wistfulness for the hills and woods that I feel I should be climbing when the weather's this lovely, and he interrupted my thoughts: "They're right!"
"Hmm?"
"You DO walk like you're on a runway!"
*whap!*

He just laughed. "Pikachu" was the first nickname he handed me, six months ago, and the class has referenced, "Going all Pikachu," for what it looks like when I get mad. Like Pikachu, the madder I get, the more adorable they think it is.

I am not an adorable person, I would have them know. I'm strong, solid, kick-butt, and I'm good with kids. Adorable is for more petite girls. Or so I'd like to think. Sigh.

They'll find something more interesting in a week or so. Nothing to do but wait it out.

No comments: