Friday, September 3, 2010

Translation

Nonverbal...

"Hi. So, I think it's great what you're doing with your music. I gave it a listen, and you've got some good things going there. And I'm really impressed with the way that you still have your life ordered with God at the center. I remember that from high school, too. Yeah, you probably don't remember me, I was the shy saxophone who dressed weird. Just forget about that time. But yeah, you were awesome - a lot of us at church looked up to you, and you just took it in stride. I remember you and your best friend doing everything with leading music and being wacky but totally based on God the whole time - you guys really made a difference to all of us. And, yeah, I kind of absolutely had a crush on you then. But...you're with who now? Seriously? How'd you score THAT gig, that's amazing! Of course I've heard of them, I brag to people all the time that they're from my state, but I had no idea YOU'D joined them. Ahhhh, crud. So, you get fangirls all the time, huh? And, yeah, you're probably with the other 90% of college grads that aren't interested in a girl until she gets her degree. I'm working on it, you know - just, military duty has to come first right now. And dating someone who's active duty is about sixteen times more challenging than any NORMAL long-distance relationship. So, well, yeah, that's cool. Keep doing the music thing, you guys really have something going there."

...comes out as...

"Hey, haven't seen you around since graduation. How's the band doing?"

No comments: