Sunday, September 12, 2010

Morning Thoughts

"I hate a Roman named Status Quo." "Stuff your eyes with wonder, live as if you'd drop dead in ten seconds. See the world. It's more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories. Ask no guarantees, ask for no security, there never was such an animal. And if there were, it would be related to the great sloth which hangs upside down in a tree all day every day, sleeping its life away."
-Fahrenheit 451

Excellent book. At my high school, they had a class or two that were supposed to read it because it's about the evils of censorship. Except, after the first chapter, it isn't. It's a lot better than that. But I'll let you read it.

There's been a thought running around and pulling on pieces of my brain. Suggests that I don't want to be a nurse because I want to, but because it's stable and will make my family happy. Not that they're not happy now, just the idea that they'd worry about me less. Suggests that I don't want to join the Peace Corps because I want to, but some psychological combination of trying to atone for my blot on this world, and at the same time trying to escape something back home. Suggests that I'm living things on too small a scale again.

But, for now, I have an academic and a physical test coming up, and if I live through those, a celebration weekend. And, as it's now Fall, I will DRAG Adam to the woods if I have to. It's simply been too long.

Cheers!

No comments: