Wednesday, October 27, 2010

How do you feel?

"Okay, listen, in case I die..."
"Can we walk, and talk? 'Cause, in case you live, I don't want to be late."
-What Women Want

"Bring out'cher dead!"
"I'm not dead yet!"
-Monty Python

"You better walk the line or you'll be left for dead!"
Meat Loaf


"All around the city you see the walking wounded and the living dead!"
-Meat Loaf

I. Feel. Like. DIRT.

Joseph and I had a delightful (fever-induced on my side) text argument about the validity of the phrase, "I'll sleep when I'm dead." Commonly used in the military, brings hope to many on the lower ladders that there is a place and time where no one, not petty officer, not Commanding Officer, not another Battle Stations drill, will be able to wake them. At least, this is what I said.

I know I'm not actually myself right now, but I do recall at one point feeling so wretched that I didn't care if I did die, as long as there was some peace on the other end of it. I know, Bible teaches of what is to come for us, but when I'm struck down to the bare bones of what I am, there's a firm knowledge of God and how important it is to seek Him, and everything else gets kind of lost.

Don't know yet if this is going to get worse. Do know it's going to get better.

"I will not die; I'll wait here for you!"
-Three Days Grace

No comments: