Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Reacting

I'm a little numb today.

I don't know why I'm reacting so strongly to the hit-and-run, except that I know and like the two girls who were standing there. Maybe it's just that it's easy to see how, twenty seconds earlier, it could have been them instead of their friends. Maybe I'm just tired of people dying.

Sigh. Days like this make it very hard to remain motivated about the details of life here. If I leave out my shampoo bottle, have a scratch on my belt buckle, get some dirt under my boot laces, who cares?

I was a real mess earlier today. Things tend to take a few days to hit, sometimes. Talked to my sister, talked with Joe, and deleted a few friends off Facebook. I have no idea why, but this made me feel better. Well, not 'better', exactly, but like I could actually get through lab tonight and learn something.

We'll start Radar next week. This is when we're really supposed to start losing people.

(It should be noted that I had an absolutely splendid Thanksgiving, but since my friends clearly didn't, I feel very mixed.)

No comments: