Friday, March 13, 2009

Quick Show-Off

Quick show-off, I'll give you a real update sometime soon.

For those who've known me for years, long hair's been the way of it. We analyzed this in either a psych or English class, and most of us girls clicked - oh yeah. When we were kids, our moms kept our hair short because it was easier to take care of, and we couldn't wear it long until we could take care of it on our own. It was another rite of passage, and we didn't want to give it up.

This is not actually the longest that I ever had it, but I don't have pictures of that. This was more normal - I maintained that length for YEARS. Gets in the way for running, biking, climbing, dance - anything active. I seem to recall being a fairly active person, so I honestly don't recall how that worked out.




























Oh, wait. I remember. If it was windy or I was doing something, I had it braided. Okay.

Plans were to get it short before Camp this summer, and I'd settled on Spring Break as the time to do that. So, at this year's Harvey Awards, we unveiled the new look.





















I haven't had it this short since I was six, I think. This is so weird.

I'm still figuring out what to do with the shorter part of my bangs. Hope it grows fast, I guess. :) But it's fun, and deliciously breezy, and I love the way it feels when I run my hands through it. Plus, it's ridiculously easy to take care of. Three brush strokes, out the door. Love it.

No comments: