Sunday, December 7, 2008

Well, that was exciting.

Friday night, the big excitement for the roommate and me was the concert the next evening, preceded by a big morning rehearsal. Or so we thought. She headed out a little after eleven to track down a boyfriend of hers, and I was already on the phone with Tony.

Somehow in the middle of that conversation, I found myself in some pretty severe abdominal pain. I ended up calling one of my friends (my buddy Ross is perhaps the only one who would still be awake the night before a morning rehearsal), and he drove me to the Emergency Room. Definitely not the way I'd been planning for the night to go - nor for him, but he was a great sport about it. I think brownies may be in order on the line of a major thank-you to him - he also called my Dad and Tony to let them know what had happened.

So, while it's rather impossible for me to be pregnant (Ross was helpfully suggesting that God was taking his cue for the season and picking another virgin for immaculate conception), I apparently should go on some form of the pill now, to reduce the chance of this happening again. I wasn't thinking that this would be something to worry about for another few years, so, if any of the girls have any advice or anything I should probably know beforehand, it'd be appreciated.

It's been quite the semester! Apparently my body's taken 'moving away from home' as a cue to test various things that could possibly go wrong. I don't dare say 'all' the things that could go wrong, because I'm sure there are far more entertaining possibilities that I've yet to experience. Mom's still pulling for me to move back to Minnesota, so, we'll see what happens. At least that way I'd get extra fussing over me when I come out of the hospital. :)

No comments: