Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving was a wonderful time with those I love. Mom and I did some shopping, Dad and I worked on some projects, and the sisters and I crossed paths enough times for some conversation. :)

Seeing Tony again was also a source of joy, and it was a delight to spend some time with his family on two of the evenings. Friday evening, we came back to Willow Hill after spending some movie time with my dear friend Rahni ("Howl's Moving Castle" is a slightly odd movie to begin with, and Tony came in the middle of it - I think he was a little confused by the end), and Thanksgiving Day had time for pie before heading over to Chuck's.

In general, I love being in Sheridan. Living on campus is a lot easier than living at home (more expensive, but so much easier), my classes are a blast (and there are much more options for ASL here than at RCTC - a valid concern for me), I have good friends, and I'm surrounded by miles upon miles of lovely mountains and challenging hiking territory. But, being away from everyone is pretty tough.

Fortunately, this excursion happens to be much shorter than the last. I'll be home in three weeks, and then there are four weeks of mayhem to cause before Rochester bids me farewell again!

No comments: