Saturday, March 27, 2010

Recalled To Life

Made it.

At least, to graduation. My dad and sisters came down, bringing good bread and chocolate (needless to say, there is no good bread to be had anywhere on base...and my sister works at a delightful chocolate shop downtown), and my Army buddy Rogue pulled a lot of strings and managed to make it off base for the weekend. I now owe him the next 20 favors. Considering that the two of us see each other only when he's on leave (and now, when I'M on leave), this might not be paid back in full until after my first enlistment.

If I do something like introduce him to the woman he will marry, that counts for about ten favors, though.

I just got a text from Rogue, actually. He just got a text from his brother, who's a Lt. Commander in the Navy, directed to me. "Congrats. My advice, don't piss off the admiral."

No comments: